Inventor 2018 is built for the continually evolving needs of the modern design and engineering professional.
Building on its breadth of modeling capabilities and powerful design automation tools, Inventor 2018 marks the next step forward in professional-grade 3D mechanical engineering design. Interoperability enhancements enable distributed, multi disciplinary teams to work together more efficiently with data from a variety of sources. The overall user experience is enhanced for more productivity and flexibility in response to direct feedback from customers around the world.
- Model-based definition: Model-Based Definition (MBD), is a powerful new set of tools for adding annotations, GD&T, and other manufacturing information directly to a 3D part.
- Sheet Metal: Multibody sheet metal parts now support unique rules and thickness for each body. Multi-body rules can be applied to bodies in the browser, or while creating new bodies within the Face, Contour Flange, Contour Roll, and Lofted Flange dialog.
- BIM Content: BIM Content has been enhanced for simplification, authoring, and publish workflows. Inventor 2018 lets you publish directly to IFC and Revit (.rfa) file formats.
- Top Inventor Ideas – With your help from Inventor Ideas, the Inventor experience is updated and improved every release.
- Improved Performance – Improvements include faster graphics interaction and faster open time for large files, speeding up the design process.
- Enhanced Support with AnyCAD – AnyCAD adds new and enhanced file support. It also allows forward compatibility for Inventor 2017 to 2018.
Try Inventor Professional free for 30 days
It’s easy to get started. Download a free 30-day trial and try it out. Purchase options include flexible subscription terms to fit your needs.
Available for Windows 64-bit
See system requirements