AutoCAD Mechanical is built for the manufacturing industry and includes all the functionality of AutoCAD in addition to libraries of standard-based parts and tools for use in the mechanical design process.
AutoCAD Mechanical simplifies complex 2D mechanical design to help you create and revise drawings faster.
- Associative balloons and BOMs
Custom content library and publishing
- Associative CAD model documentation
- Create and save custom content
- Provide better analysis of your designs with machinery generators and calculators
- Automatically tally an assembly mass in the bill of materials
- Support for international drafting standards
- Create associative section/detail views of 3D models
- Create dimensions using abbreviated dialog boxes
- 700,000 standard parts and features: Select from a wide variety of parts and features.
- Document 3D CAD models: Leverage the 2D detailing capabilities of AutoCAD Mechanical with native 3D Inventor models.
- Support for international drafting standards: Out-of-the-box, AutoCAD Mechanical supports eight drafting standards, which include ANSI, BSI, CSN, DIN, GB, ISO, JIS and GOST
- Custom content library and publishing: The capabilities in AutoCAD Mechanical allow users to create libraries as simple as blocks, or to create more intelligent parts that are dynamic, and have multiple views available to insert.