- Character animation and rigging tools: Create procedural animation and character rigging with CAT, biped, and crowd animation tools.
- Max Creation Graph controllers: Author animation controllers, using a new generation of animation tools that you can create, modify, package, and share.
- Arnold 5 for 3ds Max: Version 1.0 of the MAXtoA plug-in is now integrated into 3ds Max, giving you access to Arnold’s latest features.
- Physical Camera: Simulate real-life camera settings such as shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, exposure, and other options.
- Customizable workspaces: Match your UI to the way you think and work with a more responsive, modern, and customizable user experience.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2020 introduces new features that speed the creation of intricate 3D scenes, and faster workflows that make it easier to collaborate on and execute complex projects.
3ds Max 2019 helps users work more efficiently and creatively with improvements from customizable workspaces, to simplified workflows, to Smart Asset Packaging which gives users the ability to create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected and react to changes in design data.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2020 software is all about improved productivity so that users can work more efficiently and creatively with modeling, animation, rendering and workflow updates. Smart Asset Packaging allows users to create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected, and react to changes in design data. Customizable Workspaces offer a more responsive, modern, and personalized user experience, and Blended Box Map gives users the ability to morph visible seams by blending as many as six materials applied to an object.
- Structure project folder s in a way that makes sense for your pipeline— and automatically switch between projects when opening a file from a different project.
- Custom data can be stored within a 3ds Max scene file, and accessed without loading it into 3ds Max.
- It’s now easier to share Alembic data between 3ds Max and other 3D tools, with support for UVs, layer names, material IDs, and vertex color.
- Extensive support for Open Shading Language maps, including over 100 included shaders.
- Advanced wood procedural textures, including maple, cherry, oak, pine, mahogany, and more.
- Edit scenes directly in VR with 3ds Max Interactive 2019.
- With a new Shape Boolean object, users can perform Boolean operations para metrically on geometry created around splines.
- Sharing assets with reviewers and collaborators from 3ds Max is now simpler than ever: Assets can be shared to the online Autodesk Viewer directly from the 3ds Max interface, so reviewers don’t need to install extra software or sign in to view the content.
- Reviewers can view, markup, and take screenshots of content directly in-browser, and feedback can be reviewed from within 3ds Max.