Important Autodesk Server Security Upgrade: Impacts on Autodesk Subscription Products
All Desktop Subscription customers – Please take note:
On March 31, 2015, Autodesk will perform an upgrade to a security protocol that will enhance our ability to provide secure access to customers’ Desktop Subscription software. This upgrade is in response to published information describing vulnerability in SSL 3.0, a communication protocol designed to provide security over computer networks. The vulnerability, called POODLE, is an industry-wide vulnerability affecting the SSL 3.0 protocol itself and is not specific to Autodesk products.
What is happening?
On March 31, 2015, Autodesk will disable SSL 3.0 on our Desktop Subscription authentication servers. After March 31, 2015, customers with Autodesk® Desktop Subscription 2014 and 2015 software who have not yet logged in for the first time will experience an error when they first log into any of their Desktop Subscriptions. The error will read, “Establish an Internet connection to continue.” Subsequent attempts to log in will fail with the same message until the following action is taken.
Action Required by Customers
• Autodesk® Desktop Subscription customers can download a hotfix to repair this issue.
If you experience any difficulty or require assistance with this download please contact Procad Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Make sure that all your Autodesk application are closed.
2. Download the appropriate hotfix to your computer.
3. Install the hotfix.
- Windows: Execute the patch executable by double clicking on the patch. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Linux: Run the command ./installerR9.sh or ./installerR7.sh
- Mac OS: Install the package by running the appropriate pkg (installerR9.pkg, installerR8.pkg or installerR7.pkg)
4. Note the hotfix may need to be reinstalled after subsequent installation of other Autodesk product(s).
The following error messages might occur during licensing hotfix installation:
– File Access Denied: Unable to update file_name
This error would occur when the file that is being updated is in use, when the product is running while the licensing hotfix is being applied. The licensing hotfix should be applied after all Autodesk products are closed. There are some licensing components that linger for a minute after the application is closed, and it is best to wait for a few minutes before the lciensing hotfix is re-applied.
– No files found to licensing hotfix. Folder dst_dir was not found.
This error will occur if the wrong licensing hotfix is being applied or if the licensing hotfix is being applied on a computer that does not have the Autodesk product installed. Please verify that the correct licensing hotfix version is being applied and that the computer has the product installed.
Please contact Procad Support – email@example.com if you experience any difficulty.